Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Three King Size Quilts: NEVER AGAIN.

I just finished my last king size quilt order that came through before I set my etsy shop to "vacation".    They make pretty good money-- but holy cow, I don't know that it's worth it.  They are a pain in the BUTT to topstitch.  I don't think I'll be doing a king (or queen!) custom quilt order unless I have one of the long arm monsters!



Skipping Herringbone
 This one is probably my favourite of the three.  The lady had picked out SUPER random fabrics for the front, so I wasn't sure how it would all look together, but she proved to be much more wise and daring than I!

Arrow 
 I think that the arrow one took the longest to make.  SO grateful that my mom was there that week to help me finish it!  I never would have gotten it done on time without her!
Minimalist
This one was the quickest to piece- but it was actually the hardest to topstitch.  With so much loose fabric, it's so easy for things to get bunched and pulled.


1 comment:

  1. We had quite the assembly line going. Happy to help.

    ReplyDelete