Pages

Saturday, November 9, 2013

All Them Scraps

When I get a custom quilt order I'll usually order a bit extra so that I can get another quilt out of it.  If the person wants a lot of different fabrics I'll end up with even more extra because most websites have minimum orders of 1/4-1/2 yard.  If the fabric is on sale or discontinued, you might even have to buy a yard.  But I don't really mind, because I can grow my stash and play around with some layouts!

The Timber Leaf and Scrappy Patchwork quilts that I posted the other day had quite a lot of leftover fabric.  I was able to get four more quilts out of it!  I still have some extra of a few of the prints, too, which I' can use for a future project.

All four of these quilts are currently for sale in my etsy shop!

For the arrow quilt, I ended up leaving off one row of blocks from the custom ordered one, so I had extra arrows to use.  So I whipped up a few more to make this little crib quilt:

A perk of the arrow pattern is that with an extra row of stitching on some of the blocks you can get a TON of half square triangles that you would otherwise throw away.  Instead, I put this scrappy chevron quilt together:



For the scrappy patchwork quilt I had a ton of extra little squares.  This was one of those fabric orders that I had to buy WAY more than I needed due to minimum quantities.  But it worked out, because I put together this star/nine patch:

...and this fun plus sign baby quilt!

Go check them out in my etsy shop!  I'm also still accepting custom orders for Christmas-- but not for long, so go look quick if you want to make that deadline!

No comments:

Post a Comment