Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

DIY Glitter Nails

I have trouble finding the right nail polish colours.  I also find that glitter nail polish just doesn't get the kind of coverage I want.  I'm also all for saving money.  The solution? Buy some loose glitter from a craft store and use with some plain polish! You can get a small vile for $1-2 and it lasts a really long time.  There are also a ton of different colour options!
I have found that the finer the crystals, the easier it is to make it nice and smooth. The rougher crystals work as well, but just be aware that your nails will feel a little rough to the touch.
My other best tip is to let everything dry really well after dipping in glitter and then after the clear coat to ensure that you get a nice strong hold. 
A look that I think is cute is to paint four nails matte, and then do one nail in a glitter of the same colour.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment