Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Little Blue Dress

I bought this pattern a while ago to use for a school project.  I didn't end up using it, but while I was at the fabric store looking for another pattern I saw this one and remembered that I had it.  I found a great jersey knit, got home, and got to work.
If you're interested in the pattern, it's McCall's 6319.

My chiropractor would be ashamed of my posture.
I really like how it turned out. It's incredibly comfortable, and the advantage of jersey knit is minimal edge finishing (which given my lack of a serger is just fantastic). It's a little hard to see from the picture, but there is also a chunky gold zipper at the one shoulder, which really adds to it. Plus, the top is even lined!

Pattern: $1.99 (on sale)
Fabric and notions: $21 (thank you, stackable coupons)
Total cost: $23

2 comments:

  1. That is so CUTE! Nice job, I really love it! My favorite part is the zipper at the top, I think it's the perfect addition :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kailee. Love the zipper- love the dress! Great job, Lurel!!

    ReplyDelete